Public Works

Service Requests

Charlotte County residents are encouraged to report safety or health issues relating to roads, bridges, rights of way, and drainage or other deficiencies related to the County’s infrastructure. 

Investigation of a problem may be initiated by selecting "Online Service Requests" on the sidebar or by contacting Public Works at 941.575.3697. If the repair falls under the jurisdiction of Public Works, a Customer Assistance Investigator will be assigned to inspect the area. Any required work will then be scheduled for completion. Problems outside our responsibility will be directed to the proper agency or redirected to the citizen.

If the problem constitutes an emergency and occurs after hours (7:00 am to 5:30 pm) or on a weekend or holiday, please contact the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office at 941.639.2101. Examples of an emergency would be traffic signal malfunctions, missing stop/yield/traffic control signs, dangerous obstructions in the roadway, or serious roadway flooding.
Following is a list of Public Works service requests that may be completed online. Click and follow the link to the type that you would like to initiate: