Charlotte County Utilities
Water Restrictions & Conservation
Year-Round Water Conservation Measures
The District's year-round water conservation measures went back into effect August 1, 2013.
Charlotte County Ordinance 2010-016 adopted the water management district's year-round water conservation measures. Below are the current water conservation measures in place in Charlotte County. Always refer to your city or county regulations first.
Lawn Watering Days and Times
- Lawn watering is limited to twice per week (if needed).
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows unless your city or county has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect:
- (Based on the last number in your service address) Even number addresses may water on Thursday and /or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m. and odd number addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m.
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) may be done on any day and any time.
New Lawns and Plants (30 / 30)
- New lawns and plants have a "30-30" establishment period.
- On day of installation, watering is allowed on any day at any time.
- During the first 30 days, watering is allowed on any during the allowable hours.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday; and locations without a discernable address may water on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Reclaimed water remains subject to voluntary watering hours, unless blended with another water source or restricted by the local government or utility.
Fountains, Car Washing and Pressure Washing
- There are no specific restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing.
- These and other water uses should be conducted as efficiently as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on each hose to adhere to the general restriction prohibiting wasteful water usage.
If you have additional water restriction questions, please contact SWFWMD by email at Water.Restrictions@WaterMatters.org or by calling their Water Restrictions Hotline at 1.800.848.0499 anytime or 1.800.836.0797, ext. 2298 during business hours (Florida only).
Water Conservation Videos
Charlotte County Original Water Conservation Videos.
Countywide Conservation Plan
This report outlines the conservation practices planned and established for Charlotte County Utilities.
Burnt Store Water Conservation Plan
Water Conservation Planning Report for the Burnt Store Service Area.
Additional Water Conservation Links
Start saving water around the house/business. Whether you're replacing a plumbing fixture, or trying a new water-saving behavior, it's as easy as 1-2-3 to save water. Everything you need is right here.
All Water is Reused
A video provided by the Water Reuse Association.
Environmental Protection Agency WaterSense Program
WaterSense is an EPA partnership program.
Commercial Water Efficiency Improvement Self-Assessment Guide
A Guide for Facility Managers
Landscape Design for Water Conservation
A guide on landscape designs that reduce water requirements from the University of Florida IFAS Extension.
Interactive website with water saving tips from the California Urban Water Conservation Council.
Water CHAMP and Water PRO
Water conservation for hotels and restaurants.