Charlotte County Utilities
Year-Round Water Conservation Measures
The District's year-round water conservation measures went back into effect August 1, 2013.
Charlotte County Ordinance 2010-016 adopted the water management districts year-round water conservation measures. Below are the current water conservation measures in place in Charlotte County. Always refer to your city or county regulations first.
Lawn Watering Days and Times
- Lawn watering is limited to twice per week (if needed).
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows unless your city or county has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect:
- Even addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Odd addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and any time.
New Lawns and Plants (30 / 30)
- New lawns and plants have a “30-30” establishment period.
- On the day of installation, watering is allowed on any day at anytime.
- During the first 30 days, watering is allowed on any during the allowable hours.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday; and locations without a discernable address may water on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Reclaimed water remains subject to voluntary watering hours, unless blended with another water source or restricted by the local government or utility.
Fountains, Car Washing and Pressure Washing
- There are no specific restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing.
- These and other water uses should be conducted as efficiently as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on each hose to adhere to the general restriction prohibiting wasteful water usage.
If you have additional water restriction questions, please contact SWFWMD by email at Water.Restrictions@WatterMatters.org or by calling their Water Restrictions Hotline at 1.800.848.0499 anytime or 1.800.836.0797, ext. 2298 during business hours (FL only).